Final Destination to thoughts

Monday, January 09, 2006

Shifting gears to Yuvan Shankar Raja

I adored Illayaraja for his background scores. He used violins a lot and trust violins to soulfully stir you, be it sadness or love (remember his background score in veedu?) . "How to Name It" was a beautiful collection of such background scores from Illayaraja.

Of course as time progressed, and I was in college, I became a huge fan of the youthful tunes of AR Rehman..still am.

But of late, I've shifted gears to Yuvan shankar Raja - which seems like a Illayaraja-Rehman combo.

Listen to Walking into the Rainbow in 7G Rainbow colony or konjam konjam unnai pidichiraka...in Arindum Ariyamalum or Kana kanum kalagangal that makes me go back to love & college days.

The recent pudhupettai is out of the world - Listen to "survival of the fittest" score and kollywood seems to be going the hollywood way at least in music.

I even like "Padhicha naye" although my husband reminded me that my taste was going really bad. Well the words are something when you listen to it for the first time, but what do you expect from a rowdy - Just this & its perfectO!

- Sangeetha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home