Final Destination to thoughts

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nostalgia - 3

Who can forget the nice creative DD TV ads?
Solidaire Cat 1000 Ad (Amazing choregraphy and an English Ad)-
Here are the lyrics as far as I can remember...
Solidaire for various news, Solidaire for Sports, Solidaire for Sunday movies. Solidaire Solidaire...We want, we want true colors.We want to hear good sound.We know what we want ...We want Solidaire.

Other English ads like campa orange flavor(would sponsor different strokes on sunday afternoons),gold spot etc were great!

Woodwards gripe water(Cute ad)- Enna achu, Kolzhundai azhlugarathu! - gripe water kooduthutiya. Nee chinnavana errukaracha ada thaan kooduthen! All pattis in a family would show up.

Nirma Washing powder, surf lalithaji ad, amruthanjan, vicco vajrathathi were good too.

In the radio - I remember these ads -dollar biscuit, gopal palpodi.
I also loved listening to cibaca geet mala on friday nights on the kutti transistor that we had. Buds & blossoms on Saturday afternoons was good to hear western music. All in all I had a great time.

Here is an old ad for your viewing pleasure.Good old days...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • That was one trip down memory lane! Thanks for sharing the Gold spot commercial...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 PM, October 15, 2008  

  • a-kay,
    Its only now that I really understand the words clearly - Like when she says: You bet, He's crazy about me...When I was little, I would blabber something in the same tune ;-).
    But I am glad we had a great variety of ads and programs in DD- English, Hindi & Tamil. Thanks for reading my post.

    By Blogger Sangeetha, at 9:46 AM, October 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home