Final Destination to thoughts

Monday, October 20, 2008

Taare Zameen Par - Not a review



Kids...
You have to win them over and work with them.
You have to win them over and teach them.
I don't think you can be strict with them - Unko maaza ana chahiye.
You have to make it interesting for them for them to learn.
You have to teach children the way they want to understand.
Each child is different -You have to take the time to reach out to them.

These are excerpts from an interview Aamir gave when making Taare Zaameen par. Please watch it.



Why am I talking about this movie after a year? Because I just watched it and it touched me immensely.One of the best movies of recent times.....I salute the filmmaker in aamir for this beautiful movie - I am sure all of us parents can take a leaf out of this movie when dealing with children. We were recently at our friend's place and he was mentioning how he could relate to the dad in the movie. I think just that is victory enough for this film (I think this is India's oscar entry).

I especially liked this scene - The kid would have gotten into trouble for not doing well in school. His parents would be angry with him and would have given a big sermon. The dad would be getting ready to leave to work...and the kid would ask him where he is going. The dad would go - I am leaving and never coming back. The kid would be scared and say: Sorry, papa! I will never do that. The mom, very typical, would go: Why are you scaring the child? Beta- Your dad is just going to the office and will be back.

At that point the camera zooms on the kid's face portraying all kinds of emotions like : How can my dad do this to me? How could he scare me so much. I love him and look how he is hurting me!

Of course there are many times when I insist on the kids doing something that I want so I accept I'm guilty as well. I would regret it later but does the child know that?
After all its their time to be mischievous, funny, loud- ain't it? They are not going to jump on the couch when they are 30 yrs old or will they want someone to sleep with them when they are in their teens or will they want to be fed? Why can't we give them the gift of time?

If you haven't watched this movie, please watch it. Its worth your time!
Here are some nice segments...



I have to end by saying - I love my children and I can see their emotions everyday in little things that they do. They offer me unconditional love which is why it hurts me to see them hurt. I hope I'll do the right things to them and they enjoy their childhood and have lasting memories like I did with mine. Thanks appa & amma too for letting me be myself.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I have heard a lot about this movie now, haven't had the chance to watch it. Your review (or rather thoughts) on the movie has re-convinced me that I should watch this - hopefully soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 PM, October 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home